The Roanoke Valley Preservation Foundation Tours and Interpretive Panels Committee completed the text and graphics for an interpretive marker about the history of Roanoke’s Fire Station No. 7 located at 1742 Memorial Ave SW on the edge of the Grandin Road Commercial Historic District. The sign is sponsored by the City of Roanoke and the Roanoke Valley Preservation Foundation. The Gropen, Inc. Sign Company of Charlottesville, VA produced and installed the 24″ x 36 ” sign at the newly constructed Fire Station No. 7. An unveiling was held during the spring of 2021 at the station’s front entrance.